Sunday, February 26, 2006

How Long For Laxatives To Work

Invasion ... discs in my shelves

VA " Inva s ion "(1997) Night & Day

1. Cut Killer -
Intro 2. The Cliqua - Apocalypse
3. Different Teep - La Rime Urbaine
4. Swing Soul - Radical
5. NAP - Les Vieux De La Vieille (Whesh Part.2)
6. Ideal J - Attaque Contre Attaque
7. Mr. R feat. The Philosopher - R III
8. Double Pact - La Vie En Face
9. Section Fu - Full Concept
10. Expression Direkt feat. Rohff - Pas De doin
Feelings 11. D. Abuz System feat. Oxmo Puccino - East Are they Loans
12. Self Pr ocess - Fifty Fifty
13. Simply All Black - La Vie d'Artiste
I've already talked about Night & Day to say that was good. I persist and I sign. In 1997, the label has received quite a few groups of so-called "underground" French. It's still fun to talk about underground at the time, especially given the number of groups that passed in heavy rotation on radio. Truly a thing of teen who wants to dive into opposition on principle. What rap. When you look at the horrible bag is really that: a nigga lattice (this is war man) who stormed Paris, abusing its symbols (the Konde, beret-rod, the judge, the Eiffel Tower and Arc de Triomphe) with undisguised pleasure. Gangsta dude, French rap invaded France and picnic PoPoPo everything in its path!

So, N & D are aware they have the right under the heel decide to compile with a small label artists and they trust the "artistic coordination" (I quote the book) at some ... Mehdi-Faveri Essadi. DJ Mehdi, Ideal J. The man had put a good slap everyone with " O'riginal MC's On A Mission . And we recover from the unexpected (at the time of discharge) with stuff that will remain as chunks of French rap.

It is a well bossé anyway. Cut was mixing extracts from all groups (although he obviously gets off on Rohff elsewhere), there was a mix-tape madness on CD, it slammed well. The booklet was serious too small presentation groups without doing too much in the promotion (to the sound of a NAP, saying they would stop rapping, that was fun), it allowed to place a bit of everything this world (and give desires to purchase arf).

Like narvalots at the time, it was pretty stuck on " R III" (the debut of Mr. R was not yet released) that still concern badly. The sample of classical music of Black Mozart, which started in R testicle on the chorus ... We can not say it has aged well (or even that it was really well done). In another
delirium but also unbearable (and even then), Marseille's Soul Swing. Guys called Sayer Dope Rymes (now Larage Faf) and Grand Organizer DEF (Def Bond), though, keep fishing guys. The third was another rapper that ... K. Rhyme Le Roi. That's heavy. Marseille rap, it's always been a bit lame, a bit unbalanced and there, we were not in the best examples to the contrary.

In the genus "I like but I'm embarrassed," the piece of NAP (New African Poets, straight outta the Strasbourg Neuhof) with tone and plaintive piano-violin discipline me gave want to buy their album "The Racaille 1 Hard Fate." And then I listen the song well and I realized that no, the guys were sincere and perhaps have all but ... they rapped it very well. And as the album was not given and I had not too much understeer, I abstained. Without regret eventually.

I said earlier but I was mad at the base of the clique. Then necessarily unique, it is celebrated. Except that no, I have never been excited " Apocaly PSE" and even today it gives me a strange feeling this song. Already, Ace to prod me unconvinced, I liked the atmosphere of a leg Chemist. Afterwards Egosyst had left the band, Doc became Odnhok Kohndo light and freshness brought by the duo of Boulogne is sorely lacking. As for Daddy Lord C, it is in the process of changing what brings him to the poor Dad to which is right on "The Noble Art " (one of my biggest disappointments). Delirium martial song is clumsy, they feel tense, too demonstrative in that falls flat. The beginning of the end ...

Mafia K'1 Fry begins to seriously put in the small world of French rap. Different Teep released a first EP in 1995 ("The Road Is Long " a new version, produced by DJ Mehdi released the following year), Junior became Ideal Ideal J, "The a Life Brutal is "is buried and rebirth is a pretty nice way with" O'Riginal MCs on a mission "Rohff and cut his teeth on" Guet Apens "TIN and Weedy.
Manu Key, Lil Jahson Mista Flow and take a shot of old next to their new guard. Their maxi had received good praise from the critics, people were waiting for the result but let small problems justice Manu solo for a time while they are young hole. "The Rime Urbaine " is not inherently bad, but next to the "Attack Strikes " Kery, it pales. It is in the line of the album, we have the same urgency, the same character skinned alive (I'm getting ahead of myself a little nan?) And the prod Mehdi, well representative of its time, allowing the title to rank among the best of its kind. As for Rohff, it does that ensuring the chorus of dark and violent 'em I is not Feelings "(my sample the pub where it Obao?), not necessarily grandiose way, but it imposes.

At the time, they all hang out there: D. Abuz System Express D., Mafia K'1 Fry. And put Abuz slapped the microphone to 90% of French rappers. Damn, when he started at the bottom like " Is what they are willing ", it was hitting hard. Punchlines of asshole as it should, down the front like, "Hey MC you got a frog in the throat or what?" We're going to put a mouse in the ass maybe he will come down "high class. But he also asserted in genus asked, remember "Why .

In the genus "I know what I do," I ask Double Pact, Section Fu and TSN. The former have had a bearing from " Impact No. 3" means the prod Yvan is more polished, Stress and Nega have made considerable progress in both level form completely melts and better than ever. Unfortunately soon after, Night & Day will close its doors and their debut album will not distrib 'in France (I have vinyl somewhere, I've got to reject it promised an ear anyway).
To Section Fu, " Full Concept" will be part of the long list of tracks on compilations and scattered that have delayed the album Dexter, Voodoo, and Linko Rudee (Atimali today) ... so much so that we will not have it before 2003 (too late). Here is really the concept of the Section, the delirium of the Exchequer. Original was great at the time, the EP " Mortal Kombat" was a must have. Looking back, I tore a bit: I still love the voice of Voodoo, Dexter makes me laugh with his off beat but the other two are somewhat transparent. I have a great affection for them, but shit, I had it in their heads they rapped better than that. And finally
All Basic Black ... The three that are J'L'Tismé Parigos Negros, Bess and Loathing The Chill fence in compiles quietly, still "jmenbalek" and trendy ass on "Nocturne In Paris . Laaaaaaaaaaaid back and always classy ("Then I'm gonna IECH IECH you in my yo-chio, you t'demandes I groomed was not fayot ).

To the end I kept the unsung Legitimate Process. Three MCs (EFAY, K-Libre and 2Toff), toaster (Loo Ranks), a DJ (DJ LC) and a producer (RC) who have not had much success beyond the estimates of some DJ and some listeners informed. There was a pretty memorable song on their eponymous album, "What Stand When She Cries " EFAY when talking about his dick (and no, not the time to call the watchdogs, not an apology for domestic violence), it was something. I had discovered "Fifty Fifty " precisely where only EFAY and Loo Ranks are present. It took my album (vinyl, gangsta "Resistance Vinyl" or whatever) to capture the first verse was interpreted by one guy, Loo. Was I fooled. EFAY and was doing quite well today if it has aged. The chorus remained in the skull and then there were sounds of Street Fighter II as well. Big favorite this song, it always makes me very happy.

" Invasion", it will be "La Haine ", it cost me the gold coins. I had to fill the holes in the discography. Moreover, apart from Soul Swing and NAP, he must not miss much. Ah damn if I "In Paris Nocturne" that K7 ...
Truce blah, I've spread a sacred bread, we'll get some sound: Ideal J of course (" Attack Strikes "), D. Abuz Oxmo Puccino System with the chorus ("Are they Loans are - You think mark as ink, but you're a chalk line ") and" Fifty Fifty "Process of Self. And then" La Vie En Face "Double Pact would go.

0 comments:

Post a Comment